Thursday, May 21, 2009

You don't know what ya got til it's gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i28UEoLXVFQ

Thanks Cinderella for that epic rock ballad. Maybe in 1988 you were really "cool" , but now in retrospect you honestly look like a bunch of cheap transvestites who decided to sing a victory song after robbing a guitar shop , in the middle of the desert? But I bring this point up to you did these poorly dressed hookers really have a point?I mean the saying originated far before these jabronies every put on a pair of spandex leggings, but it's pretty true. I find myself wondering how appreciative I really am of the things around me. It's only til they are poofed away from me that I can really judge the situation.

It 4 30 AM and I do not do mornings. At this hour my mind is on par with Al Bundy and my motor skills, Jaba The Hut. None the less my brother is leaving for an entire summer abroad and I'm left sitting in an airport lobby staring at a lukewarm cup of coffee. As I ponder over my caffeine intake and wonder what I'm going to do while my brother is away I start to think how I sometimes selfishly take people for granted. We do this everyday, not just with people though.

Think about it, how many times during the winter weather have we sat indoors and prayed for a bright sunny day. And finally when summer is here we bitch and moan about how hot it is. It's human nature I guess.

Now I'm not trying to get all preachy on you , thats Rev Run's Job (By the way he is right God is Love) But maybe it's time we start thanking the good baby Jesus for what we do have. I'm hopping the funk off that hate train and now I'm gonna start getting a lot more thankful.

Current Thankful List
1. My Family
2. Pink Floyd's The Wall
3. The Mcrib's return
4. Bud Light
5.Cowboy Boots > High Heels
6.My Good Health
7. All Things Family Guy
8.Jan's Closet
9. That I didn't show my ass at butt naked trivia tonight
10. The fact that none of my friends resemble the cast of Jersey Shore

1 comment: