Monday, August 23, 2010

Respect My Authoritahhhhhhh


Dear Athens Clarke County Police Department why are you being such douche lords. As I begin my next school year it has become very apparent that the 706 police department is in full force. Today I actually read an article in the Red and Black that claimed 34 people were arrested this weekend for drug and alcohol related charges. That's almost doubled from the preceding weekend! We know these all took place in the 3 x 3 blocks that is DT. Now I know this is most likely due to the newly acquired "number one party school" status but if this is what it's like to be the top dawg, I'll pass. Of course it is necessary for officers to be patrolling downtown Athens (with all the drunk nonsense and what not) but it seems as though police officers new purpose is to protect and serve their bank account. And of course the main target is the college student who is willing to pay the fines to clear his or her's court record, so after college he or she can GET A JOB! Let's hope this was just a fluke weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment